14 Aug What is RICS accreditation and why is it so important?
Founded in 1868 in London, the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) is a global professional body with over 125,000 members worldwide, active in promoting and enforcing the highest international standards in the valuation, management and development of property, land, construction and infrastructure. Regulation also extends to companies, as well as the employees who are professional members.
In a complex and rapidly changing marketplace, any new clients seek confidence and security. Obtaining ‘Regulated by RICS’ status allows our firm to meet this need. It shows the world that Watsons practises to globally recognised ethical and professional standards.
There are a number of reasons why it’s important to work with a RICS-accredited firm. This should give you the confidence that you are working with a firm whose employees have gone through the best possible training and been awarded the highest possible accreditation!
Accreditation means Watsons is held to a higher standard, in areas such as:
- staff training
- continuous professional development
- client money protection
- complaints handling, and
- professional indemnity insurance.
By working with us, you can expect a working relationship that mirrors the core principles of RICS, and that as a firm we have been recognised by the most trusted and respected professional authority within the property industry.
By using the industry respected ‘Regulated by RICS’ designation, we convey to the marketplace that our firm:
- Practises to globally recognised standards;
- Behaves ethically, and acts with integrity and honesty;
- Has the required skills and competencies to do the job;
- Manages conflicts of interests transparently;
- Safeguards the security of client money;
- Manages its finances appropriately;
- Provides adequate and appropriate indemnity for our work, and
- Handles complaints and disputes fairly.
By following these standards to the letter, Watsons delivers high standards of service and a consistent message of confidence and quality to all of our clients.
If you have questions about any of our processes, please feel free to call our team on 01603 226500 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org